Learning Designer, TED Countdown
TED Countdown is a global initiative to champion and accelerate solutions to the climate crisis, turning ideas into action. We’re looking for a creative learning/curriculum designer to immerse themselves in TED’s climate content (including Talks, TED-Ed videos, short-form content, and more), strategically organize and categorize content into successful learning journeys, advise on gaps in existing content library, and design supplemental learning materials for different audiences in order to maximize impact. This role will also play a major part in the educational components of a to-be-launched initiative focusing on regenerative business.
The Learning Designer sits within the TED Countdown team and collaborates closely with other teams internal to TED (including TED@Work and TEDEd), our core collaborator Leaders’ Quest, and external partners.
We are looking for someone with excellent information management skills and a sharp editorial eye.
The Learning Designer:
- Takes an active role in relation to project planning, in collaboration with other team members
- Deeply understands the TED climate and business content library (+ advises on gaps necessary to fill)
- Strategically organizes media content for different audiences
- Creates supporting learning content around media (including written materials, playlists, toolkits, etc.) for target audiences (target audiences include: the business community, sustainability leaders, and the wider climate community)
- Identifies, evaluates, and designs potential collaboration opportunities
- Contributes to the design of evaluations to monitor program success
You will have:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in learning design and/or instructional design, ideally in the adult-learning, leadership, and/or media space
- A personal passion for and/or professional experience in the climate sector
- Proven experience project planning, working in collaboration, goal setting, and delivering ambitious outputs
- Experience developing curricula to shift behaviors and mindsets around sustainability and climate is a plus
- Experience working in-house in corporate Learning and Development is an advantage but not required
We are looking for someone who takes a learner-centric approach and is on the pulse of the latest trends in content and adult-learning design. You are intelligent, a self-starter, with a broad set of skills and experience that enable you to work well in a fast-paced environment that is high-performing, hard-working, curious, thoughtful, creative, and pushes boundaries in relation to engagement, creativity, and accessibility. Interpersonal skills and communication are very important. You need to be good at multitasking and at attention to detail.
Open to full-time or 80% equivalent applicants. Flexible location but able to attend occasional in-person meetings in New York City. Due to in-person meetings and occasional office requirements, proof of full vaccination will be required prior to acceptance of employment