Marketing Operations Manager
The Marketing Operations Manager will support TED’s growing brand and content marketing arm, aimed at advancing awareness and affinity around TED’s offerings, reaching new and diverse audiences, furthering TED’s non-profit mission and helping business growth.
We’re looking for an experienced project manager who thrives in collaborative, cross-functional settings and with fast-deadlines. You should be comfortable crafting compelling copy, thinking conceptually about brand and product voice and positioning, and have experience both creating and implementing marketing campaigns against aggressive audience and revenue goals.
In this role, you’ll project manage the execution of TED product, content and brand marketing campaigns, working closely with media stakeholders to implement against vision and objective. You’ll keep a close eye on ad performance, making data-informed strategy recommendations in real-time and rallying a cross-functional team around format, design, voice and platform pivots. The Marketing Operations Manager will also play an important role in operationalizing TED’s marketing arm — from owning a marketing calendar, to creating workflow + responsibilities charts and maintaining systems of information storage.
- Operationalize TED’s marketing arm, creating workflows and processes that can support the seamless execution of strategy, extending to the ways we communicate vision and report on success and opportunities.
- Project manage the implementation of campaign-based and always-on marketing activations, ensuring cross-functional teams are aligned around goal and timeline.
- Monitor and analyze performance of marketing posts, recommending real-time strategy tweaks and working with the appropriate partners to execute data-informed copy, design, format and platform changes.
- Establish repeatable methodologies and mechanisms that enable fast and responsive ad development and distribution.
- Build and maintain a marketing calendar that reflects broader organizational programming priorities.
- Optimize and manage the marketing team’s system of information and asset storage, utilizing platforms like AirTable to ensure visibility, access and efficiency.
- Create project management and workflow frameworks, such as DARCIs and gantt charts, that can support cross-functional workflow efficacy.
- Support in the creation and distribution of strategy and insights communications (decks, one-pagers, summaries) to key stakeholders, ensuring maximum visibility around efforts and learnings.
Skills and Experience
- Marketing + Insights
- 3-5 years working in content or brand marketing
- Strong copywriting skills; you should be able to step in and write copy for social, email, display and push marketing if called for
- Comfort with utilizing data to make informed, real-time decisions about strategy
- Familiarity with implementing against KPIs and OKRs, and reporting around pacing and success
- Project Management
- Exceptional project management skills, extending to organization, communication, and ability to effectively juggle multiple priority tasks
- Proven experience leading complex, cross-functional projects without direct reports, and bringing projects to fruition with multiple stakeholders and dynamic, fast-paced timelines.
- Ability to galvanize and energize a wide-ranging group of stakeholders around vision, goal and deadlines.
- Experience with project management tools, such as AirTable, Asana or Trello
- Experience successfully collaborating with remote or distributed teams
- Eager to understand the cultures, values, goals, and constraints of others, whether they are TED staff, partners, users, or beyond