Engagement Marketing Manager, Memberships
The Engagement Marketing Manager, Memberships will play a central role in TED's fast-growing Membership program. The Engagement Marketing Manager will craft, execute and continuously optimize a data-informed strategy that’s aimed at building subscriber loyalty and preventing churn. This role reports to the Operations Manager, Memberships, and is part of TED’s growing director-to-consumer product offerings.
The Engagement Marketing Manager will oversee the development, implementation, measurement and optimization of multi-channel engagement plans, considering all facets of the subscriber lifecycle. They will leverage user data to identify audience segments and build curated, personalized engagement campaigns (e.g. email, push, onsite, social, etc.) that drive increased usage of member benefits and increase retention.
What success looks like:
After a quick assessment and evaluation of the current state, this data-driven and relationship-focused leader will have established a subscriber engagement roadmap and system of reporting on success and growth opportunities. They have an effective communication plan with stakeholders and partners, balance their strategic and tactical responses based upon subscriber trends, and Member engagement is active and churn is minimized.
- Develop strategies and tactics for driving subscriber relationships, subscriptions, and lifetime value for TED Membership subscribers.
- Partner with TED analysts to determine leading drivers for retention, identify audience segments key to subscription growth and inform targeting strategies.
- Develop end-to-end experience for current subscribers, from conception to launch to analysis, with a goal of building loyalty and retention throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Oversee all subscriber communications throughout the consumer journey (including onboarding, engagement, at-risk, and winback)
- Act as community engagement manager for digital community platform (to be launched in Fall 2022).
- Create, execute, and continually optimize a data-informed testing plan.
- Forecast, measure and report on results of marketing efforts assessing results against specific goals and metrics, and sizing opportunities for scale
- Partner with Marketing and Technology teams to identify and build strategies that use new technologies, platforms, and channels to reach and engage our audiences, support retention and loyalty.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to maintain a seamless brand voice and messaging.
- Minimum of 5 years of retention marketing experience in lifecycle programs, segmentation and automation strategy. Subscription business model and/or ecommerce experience is a plus.
- Highly analytical and data-driven with the ability to surface meaningful insights from large data sets.
- Agile and fluid marketer well-versed in testing framework and ability to rapidly iterate.
- Experience developing and executing robust and successful email strategy for digital engagement.
- Results-oriented with a proven record of performing against aggressive growth targets.
- Strong ability to build roadmaps, assess priorities and multi-task.
- Ability to quickly learn and navigate several internal processes, procedures, as well as data and content management systems.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.