TED is seeking a Social Media Editor to manage social media copywriting and account management for its climate initiative, Countdown. In addition to programming, writing, and scheduling content on the Countdown Twitter and Instagram accounts, the Social Media Editor will provide editorial support to Countdown partners, influencers, and other internal and external stakeholders. This is a full-time contract role through December 2021. Additional hours may be needed in the lead-up to events, including the TED Conference in August 2021 and the Countdown Summit in October 2021.
● Execute programming and content strategy in partnership with Countdown and Audience Development teams.
● Write and schedule social media copy for Countdown Twitter and Instagram accounts.
● Digital community building on social media surrounding the Countdown brand.
● Work closely with TED Audience Development Team and other internal stakeholders on cross-collaboration
for the TED main social media accounts, TED-Ed, and other internal TED accounts.
● Provide editorial support to external partners and influencers on content creation, amplification and execution
● Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, or other relevant field or equivalent experience.
● 3-5 years in social media strategy and management. Experience working in the nonprofit, advocacy, science, or climate space, strongly preferred.
● Experience using social media to promote and support digital and in-person events.
● Comfort working with influencers and in partnership marketing.
● Strong editorial background.
● Familiarity with using a social media CMS such as Socialflow.