Contractor - Event Producer (Experiences)
The Contract - Event Producer (Experiences) is a dynamic, experienced and self-motivated individual with the primary mission of fulfilling the full cycle of event management principles and processes in support of TED’s world-class conference events. You will have substantial working knowledge and experience of the events industry, a curiosity for innovation and a passion for excellence.
As Contract - Event Producer (Experiences), you can expect to work on everything from data entry, researching trending activities and offsite experiences, and maintaining databases, to working closely with key internal stakeholders to realize the needs for the workshops + experiences program. You will have a proven track record with an ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with a large number of partners + vendors, as well as an ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds. In addition, you are results-oriented, a team player with an aptitude to learn, a willingness to contribute to the overall success of the program, and the driver for successful results with a passion for making a difference in the workplace and beyond.
- Degree or diploma in event management, hospitality, project management or similar discipline or combination with relevant experience.
- 3+ years in a client-facing events role.
- Extensive event management and planning experience required, with a demonstrated increase in responsibility, and extensive knowledge of conferences, incentive events, or meeting planning.
- Experience in the hotel meetings + events management, or in the incentive travel + events industry is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, strategic planning and creative problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented approach.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, shifting priorities, and tight deadlines with attention to detail and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- A keenness and aptitude for working in deadline-oriented and fast-paced collaborative environments.
- Must be proficient in: MS office, Google Docs, and Airtable.
- Support the Experience Production Manager in the design, planning and onsite execution of custom workshops and activities in the range of 10-100 people for the TED Conferences social program.
- Work collaboratively and respectfully across the TED Conference department to incorporate the expertise and resources of other team members.
- End-to-end project management to produce conference activations such as workshops + experiences including:
- Building a timeline for successful execution
- Leading production schedule
- Collaborating with colleagues on relevant parts of project
- Overseeing event or program through to completion
- Serve as brand steward, ensuring all elements of the events are on-brand for TED.
- Work onsite on conference production; potential site visits to local venues + experiences may be required.
- Source and place orders for all related front and back of house needs (working with internal and external stakeholders in coordinating their event activation needs) including but not limited to: Decor, equipment rentals, audio-visual, F+B, furniture, signage, etc.
- Regular and consistent data entry and maintenance of Airtable, our online management system; provide presentations and documents as required; and use Airtable to administer, assign, track and report on all administrative and project tasks to ensure all events are delivered efficiently, on schedule and to a high standard.
- Creation of all event orders including but not limited to: room setup and floorplans, transportation, AV, decor, food and beverage, event services (electrical, IT, etc), staffing and signage, etc.
- Liaise on all aspects of vendor and venue relationships, including research, RFP and contracting processes, quality control, change orders, invoicing, updating TED databases and day-to-day communications.
- Maintain regular and succinct communication, scheduling meetings with project stakeholders and team members.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, reporting, and reconciliation of conference budgets.
- Determine resources and staffing levels needed to execute events and work with staffing lead on procuring staff; help to train and lead onsite support staff.
- Willingness to contribute to ensure the overall effectiveness of the team.
This is a contract opportunity with TED with a target start date for November 2022. 2 - 3 days per week to start, ramping up to 5 days in the new year and through until the end of TED in April 2023. The contract will extend through 2024 with fluctuating hours throughout 2023.
This position requires a somewhat flexible schedule (with the ability to work longer hours, evenings + weekends in the pre-conference phase and onsite execution) and includes the potential for international travel. Please note that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may be required to attend/work at any of our events.