Senior Contracts Manager
- Full Time
- Mid Level
At TED, we seek to bridge, include, diversify because we truly believe ideas are for everyone. It is important to us to attract individuals from diverse backgrounds who are curious about the world and interested in helping us spread ideas far and wide. We are currently seeking a seasoned Paralegal or Contracts Manager that can support our legal team, negotiate standard SaaS sales transactions, help with contract overflow on general media agreements, help to optimize legal operations with tools such as ContractSafe, DocuSign, Asana and others, help us manage infringement issues and protecting TED’s brand globally, and review TED content (such as TEDx talks, etc.) for legal issues, such copyright, defamation or privacy. Also require a comfortable cadence to engage with clients and customers in a warm, friendly and professional manner.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts: NDA’s, SaaS agreements, licenses, services and vendor agreements.
- Managing templates and creating training documents to share best practices across various departments.
- Interfacing with different teams to assist in developing negotiation positions, and where necessary, contribute to the overall strategy.
- Zealous attention to detail and strong problem-solving abilities are a must, as well as a warm personality and a friendly disposition.
- Great team player, a relationship-savvy person who adapts to multiple working styles and can quickly and efficiently analyze issues with a level of expertise that engenders trust and reliance from various stakeholders.
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned from time to time.
- Willingness to contribute however possible to ensure overall effectiveness of position.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 8 -12 years progressive responsibility with quantifiable results in contract negotiation, administration and/or management in a fast-paced environment, such as a media company, entertainment or progressive organization that deals with intellectual property and licensing issues in music, video and photography.
- JD and/or contracts management experiences a must.
- Experience drafting, evaluating, negotiating and executing a variety of contracts, including but not limited to NDA’s, intellectual property-based agreements, commercial transactions, licensing agreements, vendor contracts and RFPS.
- A design-savvy eye for language and an ability to create the overall look and feel of a contract with the reader in mind, and a specialized focus on detail and wording symmetry.
- The ability to think on your feet, review/analyze terms with efficiency and summarize legal issues inline by redlining in a concise, brief manner, flagging key issues and negotiation priorities.
- Familiarity with legal topics such as privacy, compliance with government contracts, intellectual property concerns and sale of services/products.
- Assist in creating contract management certification if needed, including training, development of slides, working on skills assessment and mock negotiations.
- Ability to communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders.
- Excellent writing skills that use an authentic voice.
- Super detail-oriented, tech-savvy, comfortable with Google docs, sheets and tracking incidents, as well as data analysis.
- Curious and able to pursue solutions tirelessly.
- Global mindset/perspective.
- Knowledge of brand protection and infringement issues preferred.
IN-OFFICE COVID PROTOCOL
Due to in-person meetings and occasional office requirements, proof of full vaccination will be required prior to acceptance of employment
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision) 100% paid by TED for employees
- Paid family leave
- Work-life balance encouraged (TED closes for a 2-week summer break and 1-week winter break, plus you're eligible for additional paid time off)
- Free OneMedical and SpringHealth membership for you and your dependents to address physical and mental well-being
- 401k with match
WORKPLACE CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
- General: Office environment
- Physical: Repetitive movement of wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Mental/Visual: Concentrated mental and/or visual attention; work involves performing tasks to very close accuracy and quality specifications
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices, Computer Software: Ability to use common office equipment such as telephone, computer and copier
- Computer programs to include MS Office, Mac programs, Google Docs, functional related databases
- Travel: Upon request
*REMOTE APPLICANTS ARE WELCOME TO APPLY*