Product Manager - Conferences
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Digital Products
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Product Manager to play a key role on the Digital Products team at TED, focused specifically on building out and iterating upon TED’s conference technology. This is an opportunity to 'do good' while having a high level of impact at a large-scale event and media company.
TED conferences are global events that showcase research and ideas from all disciplines. Conference programs are designed for attendees and speakers from vastly different fields to connect and draw inspiration from unlikely places. Working closely with the Conference team, you’ll help lead the building the suite of tools and processes – for both staff and attendees – that help create the magic of TED. An expectation – and perk! – of the role is to work all of our major global conferences, giving you the opportunity to see all of your products in action and experience TED first-hand.
- Manage a suite of mobile, web, backend, consumer-facing, and internal products that work together to make up TED’s conference technology
- Partner with TED’s internal stakeholders and subject-matter experts to identify opportunities and pain points, set priorities, orchestrate product development schedule/roadmap, and manage and communicate prioritization
- Define product strategy through problem/opportunity definition, business goals, user research, and stakeholder management
- Collaborate with other product managers, designers, and engineers to scope and implement solutions for TED’s in-person and virtual conference communities
- Be the point of contact for the Conference team who execute the operational elements of all events
- Coordinate all aspects of product delivery, including: requirements definition, roadmapping, release planning, change/dependency management, user acceptance testing, and rollout operations
- Communicate updates and outcomes regularly to senior leadership across the organization
- You have 4+ years of product management experience
- You’re proficient with the product development lifecycle and tools of the trade (discovery, user research, writing requirements, prioritizing roadmaps, usability testing, data analysis, etc.)
- You learn new technologies and products spaces quickly and can effectively discuss the tradeoffs vs. benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers
- You are deeply user-centered and highly empathetic – you have an intuitive understanding of what makes a great user experience, pay attention to UI/UX details, and work extremely well with design partners to manifest those principles into product solutions
- You love tackling complex problems in ambiguous environments and tight, immovable timelines and have the grit and creativity to get to a great solution
- You’re comfortable assuming multiple roles, keeping pace with shifting priorities, and maintaining your own work queue
- You’re detail-oriented, adaptable, and curious, with an ability to gather information by clearly articulating questions and escalating for help, when needed
- Preferred: You have experience with SaaS products, data integration, and/or service design
Your current location is flexible, but you’ll need to work U.S. east coast hours. Once it is safe, you can be based out of, or at least need to periodically travel to TED’s Manhattan office.
WHY WORK FOR US
TED is a global community, welcoming people from every discipline and culture who seek a deeper understanding of the world. We believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and, ultimately, the world. TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Everything we do is driven by this goal: How can we best spread great ideas?
In addition to driving forward TED’s mission and joining our dynamic Digital Products team, we’re proud to provide strong employee benefits, including:
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision) 100% paid by TED for employees
- Work-life balance encouraged (TED closes for a 2-week summer break and 1-week winter break plus you're eligible for additional paid time off)
- Free OneMedical and SpringHealth membership for you and your dependents to address physical and mental well-being
- Paid family leave
- 401(k) with match