Community Engagement Manager
Are you passionate about communities and spreading ideas globally? The TED Translators program is a community of volunteers from 160 countries who subtitle TED Talks into 100+ languages. TED Translators’ subtitles appear on TED.com, our iOS and Android apps, YouTube, and numerous partner platforms garnering tens of millions of views annually.
We’re looking for a Community Engagement Manager who will work closely with our global volunteer community to grow participation in the TED Translators program. We’re seeking an experienced community manager who excels in working with people and technology. In this role, you will be responsible for all communication to the community and you will implement strategies to help the community thrive. You will work closely with our customer support team to understand community needs and make recommendations for program improvements. You will manage our social media channels and dream up new ways to engage our community. You will write compelling digital copy and use data to help grow our program presence globally. This role reports to the Deputy Director of the TED Translators team and manages the team’s Senior Project Coordinator.
The Community Engagement Manager can work in our NYC office or remotely in the tri-state area and must be available to work during US East Coast hours. In order to work at our NYC office, proof of full vaccination is required. This position includes health, dental, and vision benefits, PTO, and a company-matched 401K.
- Manage all communications with community and publish regular program updates, including newsletters
- Create content for social media, marketing, partner outreach, and community education resources
- Build and maintain an engagement calendar that also reflects broader organizational goals
- Collaborate with customer support to understand issues and community needs and make recommendations
- Collect and analyze data to measure community health
- Utilize data to inform strategies for community engagement and growth
- Manage Translator community onboarding and engagement on TED’s new community platform
- Organize and host virtual and in-person events to connect the community
- Strengthen ties with other TED communities to help advance TED’s mission
- Maintain onboarding and training resources for the community
- Manage Mentorship program growth and development
- Support global recruitment and other community development initiatives
- Other duties and special projects as may be assigned from time to time
- Willingness to contribute however possible to ensure overall effectiveness of position
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 3 years experience in managing a global, digital community
- Proven track record of successfully creating and executing marketing strategies
- Experience managing and creating engaging content for social media accounts
- Sharp attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Proactive, self-driven problem solver
- Strong copy-writing and presentation skills
- Experienced using project management tools like Asana and Trello
- Event planning experience a plus
- Experience in translation, localization and/or subtitling a plus
- Fluency in a second language a plus, but not required
HOW TO APPLY
Along with your resume, please share a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for the role. Please include specific experience and skills you have that are most relevant to the position. Also include links of any social media content or marketing campaigns you worked on in the past.