Media Operations Specialist
TED is seeking an experienced professional to join its Global Business Development team based in New York. The Media Operations Specialist supports ground-breaking partnerships that bring TED content to audiences around the world. Reporting to the Content Distribution Manager, the Media Operations Specialist helps prepare and deliver TED video and audio assets to our global media partners consistent with contractual obligations, partner’s deadlines, and technical specifications.
This is an exciting opportunity to drive growth for the world’s leading media and conference organization, all with the aim of bringing great ideas to every corner of the globe. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Prepare video, audio, subtitles, images, and metadata assets according to partner specs and strict delivery schedules.
- Refine the asset preparation and delivery workflow, helping to build scale while developing new efficiencies.
- Perform QC on audio and video content, and conduct content audits for TED’s television, FAST, AVOD, and OTT channels.
- Provide customer service to clients including television broadcasters, audio networks, satellite providers, CTV services, streaming companies, and digital platforms.
- Assist partners troubleshoot issues with delivered assets or delivery technologies (e.g., FTP, MRSS, embed codes).
- Coordinate with internal teams to create new assets, including video production, audio, TED-Ed, translation, editorial, design, and tech teams.
- Create and maintain complex data spreadsheets and systems.
- Collect data and report analytics to senior management, finance, and other stakeholders monthly or quarterly.
- Maintain and refine internal systems that facilitate and track assets delivery.
- Help manage IP rights matters on TED’s YouTube channels.
- Support other internal teams and initiatives to drive overall value for TED and its mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years’ experience in media and entertainment industries, either at a content company, video or audio platform, digital distribution company or successful start-up.
- Knowledge of video/audio formats, content management systems, and media distribution platforms.
- Experience writing SQL queries to pull data from a relational database. A test will be given during the interview.
- Expert level skill in Excel or Google Sheets, having used functions extensively. A test will be given during the interview.
- Excellent organizational skills, good at setting priorities, and successfully managing multiple deadlines. It isn't in your nature to leave a question unanswered or a task half-finished.
- Enthusiastic attention to details.
- Curious about technology, media, and finding ways to be more efficient.
- A self-starter mentality and comfort working both independently and collaboratively across multiple departments and disciplines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Project management experience in a media company IS A PLUS.
- Experience with statistical analysis IS A PLUS.
- Familiarity with XML, JSON, AirTable, R, or Tableau IS A PLUS.
- Fluency in a non-English language IS A PLUS.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, math, or statistics (IS REQUIRED).
This is a full-time position based out of TED’s New York City, NY office. Only candidates living within the greater New York City metropolitan area will be considered.
An original and thoughtful cover letter (no more than one page) must be included with all applications. Only candidates complying with this requirement will be considered.
TED Conferences LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their cover letter (no more than one page) and resume.