- New York City, NY
- Audience Development
We're looking for a dynamic copywriter to support our fast-growing TED Membership program, aimed at serving the TED community and funding TED’s nonprofit efforts to spread ideas far and wide.
In this 3-month contract-based role, you’ll craft strategic, audience-first copy for use across acquisition and engagement efforts, including social, newsletter, mobile, Web and more. You’ll be tasked with providing a range of copy options that factor in diverse value propositions and positioning, helping the TED Membership to test and optimize against aggressive acquisition goals.
If you are creative, highly-motivated, have a sharp eye for detail and a passion for words, we want to hear from you.
- Write dynamic copy to be used across various acquisition and engagement efforts, including ad units on social media, newsletters, mobile and Web
- Create a consistent messaging, voice and tone to be used across all copy
- Collaborate with creative, product, marketing, and audience development teams to assess project needs and support with messaging
- Edit and proof copy to ensure we're publishing quality, voice-aligned content
- Leverage audience insights and data to iterate on copy approaches and better reach our target audiences.
Skills + Experience
- 2+ years work experience in marketing, PR, audience development, journalism or a related field
- Strong creative thinking skills and ability to think conceptually
- Comfortable working independently and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Adaptability and the ability to work collaboratively with a team