The TED Fellows program is looking for a Coordinator to join our small but mighty team in New York City.
We're looking for a friendly, detail-oriented, proactive, and problem-solving organizational guru to take ownership of the administrative and operational needs of our 7-person team, and make all of our lives easier.
As TED Fellows Team Coordinator, you'll be at the center of the day-to-day tasks and processes that keep our team running smoothly at full velocity. This includes managing all of the team’s complex day to day scheduling, as well as throughout the TED Fellows application and talk prep processes; logistical planning; and acting as a support person for all team meetings and events.
The TED Fellows program supports extraordinary, iconoclastic individuals at work on world-changing projects, providing them with access to the global TED platform and community, as well as new tools and resources to amplify their remarkable vision. We invest in human capital to create a lasting impact. The TED platforms and events are a key part of fostering community and collaboration between TED Fellows, building a strong brand for the Fellows program, and providing a global platform to share the ideas of the internationally recognized Fellows community, which represents over 470+ game-changing individuals from 96+ countries.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Coordinate all day-to-day logistics and operations for the TED Fellows Team
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and interviews (heavy calendaring), including for the TED Fellows application process; take meeting notes as needed
- Coordinate the logistics and scheduling of Talk Prep meetings leading up to all conferences and events, including managing all assets
- Manage calendars of Director and Deputy Director
- Plan and coordinate logistics (including shipping, purchasing) for work-related travel and events, including for conferences, summits, offsites, etc.
- Assist in obtaining visas for all team members and Fellows attending conferences and events.
- Assist with the Fellows Gift Bag process for TED conferences, including communicating with vendors and tracking the budget
- Support the Fellows team in preparing for all conferences and events, including on operations
- Maintain each TED Fellow’s information, making sure it is up to date and accurate
- Manage TED Fellows general inbox, assuring emails are responded to in a timely, kind and professional manner
- Participate with the rest of the TED Fellows team in the application process for TED Fellows candidates.
- Track team expenses and reconcile monthly credit card statements, track invoice approvals
- Maintain inventory of team equipment, devices, and merchandise
- Facilitate the interview process for all open Fellows team positions (review job applications, schedule interviews, phone screens, book travel, host candidates in the office, etc.), as well as onboarding and offboarding tasks
- Ensure that all team members are informed and included in company-wide news and activities, and connected to resources
- Serve as liaison between Fellows Team and TED’s other teams + business units
- Propose organizational tools and systems that will help the team be more efficient
- Help plan and orchestrate Team offsites, trainings and retreats
- Assist with special projects, provide ad hoc support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent relevant work experience), and 2+ years of work experience, ideally in team coordination, administration, event management, and/or office management
- Proficiency with G Suite (especially Google Calendar, Gmail, Docs)
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask and prioritize efficiently in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-starter who knows how to manage time and workload
- Flexible and adaptable work style that moves quickly with the changing environment
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Resourceful and able to execute varied tasks independently with minimal guidance, but also works well with team members
The ideal candidate:
- Anticipates needs and helps their manager and team members stay focused on their projects by resolving operational & administrative issues before they arise
- Enjoys building order from chaos, managing a wide variety of responsibilities and tasks, and tracking many details and moving pieces concurrently
- Builds efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and helps define new operational strategies
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; identifies and proposes process improvements
- Strong intuition and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Tech savvy, strong online research skills
- Conscientious and executes their job with a high sense of ownership, and a sense of humor
- Loves supporting people (both individuals and the team as a whole), customer service oriented
- A deep knowledge and interest in cross-disciplinary topics, especially science, technology, and business
- Ability to speak multiple languages
- Passionate about TED Fellows’ global community, content, and mission
- Invested in the Fellows’ impact in the world
Our team is passionate about TED Fellows work in the world. We’re endlessly curious and we love to work alongside kind people.
This is a full-time position based at the TED HQ in Lower Manhattan.
Generous health/dental/vision benefits, PTO, and a company-matched 401K are part of the deal. Every employee also gets an annual continuing education stipend to use for professional development.
Please attach a cover letter to your resume.
TED Conferences LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume.