TED is looking for a Contract - Event producer to join the Conference Operations team. This is an opportunity for a contractor to support the execution of world-class conference events. You will have substantial working knowledge and experience of the events industry, a flair for project management and strategic thinking, a curiosity for innovation and a passion for excellence.
The Contract - Event Producer is well rounded with industry expertise in sourcing event rentals such as furnishings, decor, custom builds and structures. The contract - event producer will be responsible for vendor research, vendor management, and working with the TED team to deliver, execute and fulfill on hired rental and bespoke services.
You will support TED with sourcing and securing a variety of services and goods. The responsibilities will involve supplier and vendor research, presenting options and recommendations, support in contracting and pricing negotiations, and working with the TED team to deliver, execute, and fulfill on contracted services and goods.
● Degree or diploma in event management, hospitality, project management or similar discipline or combination with relevant experience
● Demonstrated experience of contract negotiation and vendor management
● Demonstrated ability to leverage network and experience in supplier relations to deliver, execute and fulfill supplier and vendor contracts
● 5+ years of direct event experience with a demonstrated increase in responsibility
● Extensive knowledge of technical event production for large-scale events
● Effective interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications
● Strong analytical, strategic planning, and creative problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented approach.
● Works well under pressure, able to meet competing deadlines and work on multiples projects simultaneously, under minimal supervision
● Superior organizational skills, motivated and enthusiastic work style
● Must be proficient in: MS office, Google Docs, and Airtable.