The Customer Success Manager (CSM) for TED@Work is instrumental in overseeing the execution, success and growth of TED@Work accounts, who represent a global portfolio of Fortune 500 companies.
Working with TED@Work Content Specialists and Sales, this person’s primary goal is to help TED@Work clients and their learners use the TED@Work product suite to help inspire new ways of working, and transform culture within client organizations.
Our ideal candidate has experience being an ambassador for a best-in-class content or SaaS brand in the corporate learning space, and a proven track record leading as an operational point-person, advocate, and problem-solving partner for our clients once a contract is signed. This involves leading clients through a phased onboarding process and implementation plan (or custom plans, where needed).
After the client is onboarded, the CSM continues to oversee the operational aspects of the partnership and collaborates with the TED@Work team to ensure the success of the partnership, including supporting clients with data and reporting, sharing best practices in using TED content, surfacing requests for new tools and collateral to the TED@Work content team, scheduling and holding quarterly business reviews, working closely with CSMs from channel partners to ensure a collaborative support model, and guiding clients through unique situations that may arise.
Our ideal candidate understands the typical onboarding process for an enterprise-wide solution within L&D, and what resources and guidance can help make learning teams’ lives easier.
We are looking for a candidate who has a strong background in, and understanding of, content delivery, Learning & Development goals and challenges, supporting resource-constrained L&D teams, the LXP/LEP ecosystem, metadata requirements and data analysis, and working with senior-level learning executives.
We’re looking for a candidate who:
- understands the difference between “maintaining status quo” and wow-ing teams with a level of thought and consideration at every touchpoint
- is empathic, highly professional, and passionate about corporate learning and education
- understands key milestones of a successful customer success journey, and how instrumental the CSM role is within that journey
- has experience creating and drafting support documents and follow-up emails
- has excellent written and communication skills, and business acumen
- possesses strong attention to detail
- is service-oriented
- is highly organized
- is a great listener and problem solver: responding to clients’ needs with a set of tools and suggestions, and providing adequate follow-up
- has a proven track record developing presentations for senior executives and presenting with agility and confidence
- Own strategic relationships with TED@Work accounts.
- Help clients launch TED@Work with enthusiasm and support, in order to set them up for success.
- Understand learning teams’ needs and work towards agreed-upon measures of success (which you’ve established and reviewed together).
- Oversee the renewal process for TED@Work clients by developing service plans, building relationships with decision-makers and influencers, holding quarterly business reviews, and negotiating renewal contracts.
- Identify opportunities to increase clients’ investment with TED in order to upsell more hands-on TED services and products -- with warm introductions to an Account Executive.
- Based on feedback, develop and evolve strategies for increasing engagement with and utilization of TED content.
- Understand -- and communicate -- with a great deal of detail and rigor the content strategy, product, and learning framework for TED@Work: the “why behind” the product decisions and learning design.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all troubleshooting, looping in relevant TED@Work colleagues as needed.
- As a front-line contact, help collect product feedback.
Background and skills:
- 5+ years of experience in managing customer relationships.
- Proven leadership influencing or creating strategy within the Customer Success domain.
- Experience and comfort working in a small, nimble startup environment is a plus.
- Proven track record of high customer retention.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills -- with an ability to translate technical concepts into simple terms for all to understand.
- Experience being an “accountability buddy” and advocate for learning teams at client organizations.
- Experience supporting onboarding efforts and driving utilization of an enterprise-wide product.
- Comfort evaluating and presenting data (including creating charts for client consumption).
- Passion for Learning and Development and TED’s mission of spreading ideas.