TEDx Licensing Intern
- Entry Level
TEDx is a platform that empowers local organizers to share incredible ideas from their community. The TEDx Licensing team reviews proposals from amazing individuals who want to organize a TEDx event. We are looking for someone to help process these proposals, to distribute the resources organizers need, and to address questions or concerns these volunteer teams may have.
Your primary responsibility will be to help our team process applications, feedback, and incoming queries. This involves a great deal of web work and the ability to express a succinct opinion that informs decisions. You will help our team reach out to interested applicants, learn about their communities and field questions about the program, so that our team can make the most informed decision when licensing these events. You will also assist the TEDx Licensing team on other projects when necessary.
You will need zealous attention to detail and a defiant attitude towards repetition. This work requires a methodical and highly organized approach.
A few skills you can expect to practice or learn: web research, fact checking, systems management and clear communication with internal and external parties.
- Help manage and track data for the TEDx Attendee Feedback Survey
- Troubleshoot and respond to queries from prospective and existing organizers
- Process incoming applications for TEDx events
- Liaise with applicants to learn more about their proposals or clarify aspects of the TEDx platform
- Assist with other project-based work as needed
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- You must have excellent writing, communication and note-taking skills
- You must be detail-oriented and perceptive when completing tasks
- You must be able to work independently and efficiently
- You must be able to quickly learn new processes, database tools, and how to use new Mac software
- You must have a global mindset/perspective
- Multi-lingual preferred but not required
- You must be able to work 10am-6pm ET, five full days each week
WORKPLACE CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
- General: Office environment
- Physical: Repetitive movement of wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Mental/Visual: Concentrated mental and/or visual attention; work involves performing tasks to very close accuracy and quality specifications
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices, Computer Software: Ability to use common office equipment such as telephone, computer and copier
- Computer programs to include MS Office, Mac programs, Google Docs, functional related databases
- Travel: Upon request
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter telling us why you'd like to join our team and an occasion you went to extraordinary lengths to learn something (and why!).
Due to the high volume of applications, only considered candidates will be notified.
This is a paid 6-month full-time intern position. Please only apply if your schedule accommodates. Your location is flexible but you will need to work US East Coast Hours.