The TED Fellows program is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant who is detail-oriented, proactive, and highly organized to take ownership of the administrative needs of our team. This role supports the leadership (Director and Deputy Director) of the TED Fellows Team, and is at the center of the day-to-day tasks and processes that keep the team running smoothly at full velocity. This includes managing all of the team’s complex scheduling, including throughout the TED Fellows application and TED Talk preparation processes; logistical planning and production support for conferences and events; and working collaboratively with the whole team on special projects and organizational and administrative support.
- Provide the Director, Deputy Director, and Fellows Team with administrative support (30%)
- Fully support the calendaring and administrative needs of the Director and Deputy Director of the TED Fellows program, including managing their schedules (heavy calendaring) and make domestic and international travel arrangements
- Manage the TED Fellows team calendar
- Provide correspondence and presentation development support (e.g. in Keynote, PPT)
- Work closely with the Deputy Director & Program Manager on team-wide administrative tasks (45%)
- With guidance from Deputy Director & Program Manager, coordinate logistics and operations for all-staff and team events and meetings (virtual and in-person)
- Support to maintain the team’s administrative and operational tools
- Process team expenses and invoice approvals, and maintain an active list of vendors aligned with mission vision of the Fellows program
- Manage and execute scheduling and logistics of TED Fellows yearly application process and all candidate interviews
- Manage and execute scheduling for TED Fellows Talk preparation process with all stakeholders;
- Liaise with TED-wide operations (accounting, legal, and HR) to ensure that all team members are informed and included in company-wide news and activities, and connected to resources
- Assist in obtaining visas for all Fellows team members and Fellows attending conferences and events.
- Assist on special projects as needed
- Provide administrative / operational support for TED Fellows events (e.g. Annual TED Conferences, regional events, TED Fellows retreats, gatherings, VIP/ donor events, and team retreats (20%)
- Manage the “Fellows inbox” where a range of inquiries are received from the public (5%)
The ideal candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience supporting an Executive Office or C-Suite Level Executives
- Is proactive, detail oriented, and efficient, knows how to streamline. Builds efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Anticipates needs and helps their manager and team members stay focused on their projects by resolving operational & administrative issues before they arise
- Manages a wide variety of responsibilities and tasks, and tracks many details and moving pieces concurrently
- Solid skills and experience in administration, coordination, planning and logistics, financial management and budgeting,
- Exhibits strong critical thinking and analytical skills; identifies and proposes process improvements
- Is tech savvy, strong online research skills, expertise in Keynote and Powerpoint
- Is conscientious and executes their job with a high sense of ownership
- Loves supporting and interacting with all kinds of people (both individuals and the team as a whole), customer service and care oriented. Practices radical hospitality.
- Explicitly commitmented to supporting Indigenous, Black, Brown, Asian Pacific Island, queer, disabled people from every part of the globe
- Ideally has a knowledge and interest in cross-disciplinary topics,
- A strong sense of pragmatism, integrity and professionalism
- Socially conscientious, excited about the global impact of TED Fellows, and passionate about this global community, content and mission
- Deep respect for the role of Fellows and all community members as partners, and a willingness to become actively engaged in facilitating their success
About the TED Fellows Program:
The TED Fellows program supports 500+ extraordinary individuals from 100+ countries who are at work on world-changing projects, providing them with access to the global TED platform and community, as well as professional development and resources to amplify their remarkable vision. We invest in human capital to create lasting impact around the world. Learn more about the TED Fellows here.
The Fellows team leadership is committed to equity, racial justice, and work/life balance. We aim to create a collaborative work environment that values our team members’ differences, encourages feedback, and fosters kindness.
Benefits and details:
We are open to remote candidates for this full-time position, but would prefer the candidate be based in New York City for hybrid work. Generous health/dental/vision benefits, paid time-off, and a company-matched 401K are part of the deal.
TED Conferences LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume and a cover letter.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Due to the high number of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.