The Creative Associate serves as a primary contact point with a range of partners to produce cross-platform programs across TED’s ecosystem.
The position will serve as a generalist working across all the Creative Services platforms to reflect the needs of the business both short term and long term. The Creative Services team is client-services oriented and serves as a trusted liaison between senior leadership, developmental sales associates, client needs and TED’s mission. As a member of the team, the manager will be an integral part of forging close connections to partners over a range of different programming–from conferences and custom events to custom content, digital, social, media, and ideation to execution. This position needs to be able to maintain a thoughtful balance of needs/wants of the brand partner while maintaining the brand integrity of TED and managing challenges therein.
● Team administrative support:
● Conference and project support:
● Other duties and special projects as may be assigned from time to time
● Willingness to contribute however possible to ensure the overall effectiveness of position
Disclaimer: We retain the right to change or assign other duties to this position. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the person. The person may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
● 1-2 years of professional experience, ideally working at a media company or agency specializing in events and/or digital activations and experience in working with Fortune 500 companies.
● BA/BS College degree
● Strong understanding of how to translate the long-term business objectives of partners into solutions provided by TED
● Strong computer applications skills (Salesforce, Microsoft Suite, Keynote, G Suite, Slack)
● Availability for travel (domestic and/or International), as needed
● Dynamic team building, leadership, and public speaking skills required
● Ability to influence stakeholders and drive resolution through solutions-based approaches
● Acumen in persuading and supporting leadership, cross-functional teams, and people who aren't direct reports
● Superior project management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
● Strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving skills
● Excellent writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
About TED: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks. TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment, and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. TED also supports additional initiatives that further the mission of “Ideas Worth Spreading” including TEDx, TED-Ed, TED Fellows, TED Prize, TED Books, TED Residency, TED en Español and The Audacious Project.
About TED Partnerships: The TED Partnerships team is responsible for developing and executing strategic partnerships that fund operations to further TED’s non-profit mission. We leverage our custom events, digital platforms, and renowned format to create unique and mutually beneficial partnerships with organizations around the world.
TED Conferences LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume.