Graphics Coordinator (Signage)
TED is looking for a Signage Coordinator to join the Conference Operations team this is an opportunity for an independent contractor to support the execution of world-class conference events. . You will have substantial working knowledge and experience of the print industry, a flair for project management and strategic thinking, a curiosity for innovation and a passion for excellence.
The Signage Coordinator will support the TED team in the production of printed and digital signage. The successful incumbent will be responsible for coordinating print vendor logistics, including sourcing and vetting print vendors, coordinating print assets from design to final production, delivery, and installation.They will have extensive experience in print production and will be able to make sustainable and innovative recommendations.
- Degree or diploma in graphic design, print production or related field or a combination of experience
- 4+ years of direct experience working with designers, print production, or large scale print installation with a demonstrated increase in responsibility
- Demonstrated knowledge of print production for large-scale events
- Acutely aware of environmentally friendly substrates, materials, inks and solvents in print production
- Effective interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication, comfortable coordinating and working with various stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, and creative problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented approach.
- Works well under pressure, able to meet competing deadlines and work on multiples projects simultaneously
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills, motivated and enthusiastic work style
- Advanced computer skills
- Must be proficient in: MS office, Google Docs, and Airtable.
- Coordinate print and digital signage vendor logistics, including sourcing and vetting print vendors and producing and sending out RFPs and providing final recommendations for vendor selection where and when necessary.
- Research and recommendation of innovative signage installations, trends in venue wayfinding
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure TED’s sustainability requirements are met and within budget.
- Document and report sustainability measurements, per TEDs standards.
- Organization and delivery of print files and assets to and from design teams and print vendors.
- Liaising with graphic designers and design team to create print templates, proofs, and print ready files.
- Liaising with teams to organize and order the necessary print, collateral, digital and environmental signage.
- Collecting, consolidating and submitting print ready files to vendors. Tracking and implementing changes.
- Consolidating and maintaining planning and tracking documents, databases, grids and presentations.
- Liaise with the design team and other stakeholders to create working schedules ensuring the on time delivery of assets for the conference.
- Coordinate the installation and removal/recycling of signage collateral.
- Coordinate contracting, invoicing, and payment processing
- Track, maintain, report and reconcile budgets of vendor contracts