Event Exhibit Producer
Note: This is a part-time contract position with fluctuating availability required from February 2022 to November 2022 to assist with the creative development, pre-production and onsite delivery of TED’s exhibit program TED2022 as well as research and development for the TED2023.
The Exhibits Producer has well rounded experience with event production and industry expertise in conceptualizing, designing, and bringing experiential exhibits to life. Working with an experienced team from both within and outside the conference team, you will take ideas from a spark to an effective, unique experience that will impress an audience of well-travelled and curious TED conference attendees. You will have substantial working knowledge and experience of the events and/or exhibition industry, a flair for creativity, project management and strategic thinking, a curiosity for innovation and a passion for excellence.
- Degree or diploma in event management, hospitality, project management or similar discipline or combination with relevant event experience
- Demonstrated ability to leverage network and experience in partner relations to deliver, execute and fulfill partner and vendor contracts
- Proven track record of creating engaging experiences for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders to bring creative concepts to life
- Extensive knowledge of technical event production for large-scale events
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, and creative problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented approach.
- Works well under pressure, able to meet competing deadlines and work on multiples projects simultaneously, under minimal supervision
- Superior organizational skills, motivated and enthusiastic work style
- Must be proficient in: MS office, the Google Suite of products and Airtable.
- Ability to sketch and/or draft creative concepts an advantage
- Work with exhibits working group as they determine creative direction and goals for conferences
- Manage partner relationships ensuring concepts align with TED goals and needs are met throughout the planning process
- Work with the communications team to highlight the exhibits program and create attendee engagement appropriately
- Lead the creative discovery process once vision has been set to help find great options that meet goals and work within outlined constraints
- Negotiate and oversee collaborations, relationships, vendors, and contracts that work well for TED