Media Operations Coordinator
- New York City, NY
- Temporary to Full Time
TED is seeking a Media Operations Coordinator to join the TEDx media team to support its operations in publishing and promoting talks from TEDx events. This position will work with members of the media team on video publishing and optimization, community outreach and engagement, and various media projects that support the TEDx initiative.
Over the last 12 years, the TEDx program has grown rapidly, enabling more than 22,000 independently organized events in more than 190+ countries. These events range from highly produced gatherings in world capitals to small events in rural communities. Talks at these events are filmed and posted online. As a result, there are now more than 175,000 TEDx talks on YouTube, and they were viewed a billion times last year; more than half were delivered in a language other than English. To support this, we are seeking a globally minded individual to join our team to keep up with this growth and to maximize the impact of these ideas from around the world.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating incoming videos from the TEDx community against TED’s branding and content guidelines
- Operationally supporting the TEDx YouTube channel
- Communicating with the TEDx community and general public on media-related issues
- Working closely with asset management stakeholders, technical leads, and product team to streamline operational processes related to TEDx talk distribution and promotion
- Optimizing and efficiently managing requests of varying scopes, complexities, and timelines across departments related to TEDx content
The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented and self-motivated. This position requires a scrupulous and discerning eye. This also requires a methodical and highly organized approach to work. Having a passion for TED and TEDx and a broad interest in the world – including science/technology, design/architecture, global development, entertainment/arts – will make you a great candidate. Intellectually curious and globally minded, you’ll excel in this role if you believe in the mission of TEDx and TED to spread ideas.
The knowledge and skills required for this job include:
- You must be detail-oriented, organized, and perceptive when completing tasks, and you must be able to work independently and efficiently
- You should be well-versed in the YouTube Creator Studio and/or have familiarity with online publishing tools and digital asset management
- You should possess an editorial lens through which you can learn TEDx and TED’s position in the market of ideas in order to consistently identify and pitch programmable talks
- You should be comfortable working in Google Drive applications and learning how to use project management tools like Airtable
- You should be able to communicate with a global community in an articulate and thoughtful manner while representing TED’s mission and values
- You should possess excellent writing skills and be able to pass a short writing test
- You should have an interest in a broad range of subjects
- You must be fluent in English, other languages are a plus
Only candidates who submit a résumé and a cover letter will be considered. Due to a high volume of applications, only those who move forward in the application process will be contacted.