TED’s Partnerships team works with leading organizations, foundations, and agencies to celebrate brands, share compelling stories, and highlight product launches and thought leadership. TED is seeking a New York based Partnership Manager to join our team to initiate and manage new accounts, create unique and valuable partnership proposals, execute strategic marketing plans, and drive revenue.
A passion for TED and a broad interest in the world – including science/technology, design/architecture, global development, entertainment/arts – are big pluses. A sincere commitment to TED’s mission of “Ideas worth spreading” and building and respecting the brand is essential. Candidates should find joy in detail, efficiency, logistics, and quality, should be comfortable working in a startup-like environment, and should execute their job with integrity as well as a sense of humor.
If you enjoy cultivating and owning partner relationships, have at least 5 years experience in sales, and are driven by TED’s mission, this role is ideal for you. This position reports directly to the Director of Global Partnerships.
- Identify digital, audio, video, and experiential new business opportunities
- Identify client/agency needs and develop persuasive proposals to meet needs and opportunities.
- Identify and solicit new business through prospecting and cold calling
- Generate revenue that meets/exceeds established sales targets.
- Build and maintain relationships with the key accounts by establishing tailored strategic marketing plans, growing existing product offerings, and introducing new product opportunities to meet or exceed annual sales targets
- Provide regular sales pipeline updates to the team to accurately capture all sales activity
- Provide regular interface with partners and act as the liaison with TED’s creative services team to ensure accurate execution of sales orders and account activity while delivering flawless partner experiences and obtaining the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Attend industry events and develop relationships with clients and media agencies
- Track business expenses in accordance with budgetary requirements
Qualifications and Requirements
- Deep knowledge of the online and audio advertising industries
- Ability to sell video and audio formats in order to grow advertising revenues by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with media agencies, creative agencies, and clients directly
- Experience in building and maintaining a full pipeline of sales prospects, ensuring the management and fulfillment of strategic targets
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to provide comprehensive advertising solutions to prospective clients.
- Self starter and the ability to thrive in an ambiguous team environment.
- 5+ years experience in digital media sales
- Past experience working with media agencies
- Well regarded in the marketplace with a network of contacts among relevant potential partners
- Bachelor's Degree in business or communications related field preferred
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Excel, and Keynote
This is a full-time position based out of TED’s New York City, NY office. Only candidates living within the greater New York City metropolitan area will be considered.