TED@Work is a new initiative that reimagines TED Talks for workplace learning and development. With a library of powerful talks and practical tools, we want to help organizations work smarter, happier, and with purpose.
The Editorial Project Manager for TED@Work will project manage the development of all new TED@Work content to ensure timeliness and highest quality. This person will be the owner and process subject matter expert for maintaining clean metadata in the TED@Work CMS, and will be responsible for delivering content to partners.
TED@Work is a program comprising a content library of e-learning courses, videos, and PDFs, with a cadence of new content being published each month. There are a number of steps to transform the latest powerful TED Talks into TED@Work learning experiences and courses, and then distribute this content to hundreds of organizations worldwide.
The ideal candidate has experience maintaining a content production / editorial calendar and managing complex, multi-step projects from start to finish. The final content deliverables you’ll be overseeing should meet TED@Work content and multi-partner metadata requirements, requiring an eye for quality control and detail.
The ideal candidate also has experience with CMS or database management or archive work, as we continue to build a robust content library. We use Airtable for our CMS/database, there is some light CSV work, and asset management happens via AWS / FTP.
We also endeavor to translate the entire TED@Work content library into at least 2 new languages in 2021. This role would oversee the content development process for this ambitious project from end-to-end, working closely with outside translators and internal stakeholders to map out content and design deliverables, and ensure timely delivery of all components.
We’re looking for a candidate who:
- is extremely detail-oriented and gets excited by things like a beautiful Airtable structure.
- is excited about working in and learning about the corporate Learning and Development industry -- for example developing a deep understanding of the taxonomy of skills and topics that TED Talks have been classified with to align with the industry.
- is a taskmaster and can track a number of parallel projects across different workstreams.
- has a “can do” attitude. We are a small, entrepreneurial team who pitch in as needed.
- has an eye for and interest in copy editing for brand voice and proofing. You wouldn’t be writing content, but you would be overseeing QA/QC.
- has experience managing a content production and editorial calendar, collaborating with writers, copy editors, proofreaders, designers and translators.
- enjoys a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment (as we just launched), but also enjoys consistency executing the routine, detail-oriented tasks required to publish content.
- manage the curation, editorial and design workstreams to create new content to meet deadlines, directing multiple contributors and stakeholders.
- manage an Airtable CMS of the full content library, implementing smart “hacks” and optimizations to make processes as streamlined as possible.
- deliver content to multiple partners and customers via CSV / FTP, and maintain clear records.
- quality control of content on different user-facing platforms -- ensuring that everything looks and works as expected after delivery.
- manage a set of assets and documents that are components of the TED@Work library on Google Drive and AWS.
- interface with external partners about content libraries, delivery timelines, etc.
- simple editing of images and documents via Photoshop/InDesign.
- periodic querying of underlying database using SQL to access source data.
Background and skills:
- 4+ years in a content distribution / editorial project management role with complex metadata to track and manage.
- Experience at a premier publisher, understanding how different systems and people work together to publish and distribute content.
- Experience managing content via a CMS or database and manipulating metadata in Excel.
- Experience managing workstreams and projects effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ideal: experience with Airtable - creating views, complex linked records, etc.
- Nice to have: experience in the learning publisher space.
- Nice to have: basic understanding of Photoshop/InDesign.
- Nice to have: basic understanding of SQL to query a database.