This is a short-term, temporary contract role for in-person, onsite support at the Countdown Summit conference in Edinburgh, Scotland. You may be asked to work some or all of the dates between October 5 and October 15, 2021. You will be responsible for any travel, accommodation and meal costs.
Refuel Stations are places throughout the conference area where attendees can stock up on snacks and bottled beverages. As the Refuel Program Assistant, you’ll help run and oversee this program, including maintaining daily inventory reports, supervising staff, setting up and tearing down Refuel Stations and ensuring product is well stocked. You may also assist with product placement photography and various other elements relating to the success of the Food + Beverage program.
You’re energetic and detail-oriented, with a strong work ethic. You have prior food and beverage, retail, or catering experience and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You’re proactive and resourceful, highly organized, and able to think critically, remaining calm and discreet when solving problems. You follow instruction well and are able to work under minimal supervision.
This is a labour intensive position. You must be able bodied and willing to lift and move at least 50lbs. This position involves standing and walking for long periods of time, and using pallet jacks and handheld dollies to transport inventory throughout the conference and back of house spaces.
- Supervise the Refuel Station crew, managing breaks and schedules, and delegating assigned tasks and duties
- Oversee setup and tear down of all Refuel Stations including: signage, snack shelves, fridges and water stations
- Maintenance of Refuel program, including product merchandising and restocking; keeping a detailed and accurate account of all inventory
- Complete daily inventory reports, ensuring all partners and products receive equal brand exposure
- Ensure Refuel Stations are operating in line with the Health Department regulations and that TED’s COVID-19 safety measures are adhered to at all times
- Manage time effectively, working with your team to prioritize and complete tasks
- Work with the TED Experience Production team and external partners and stakeholders to ensure the success of the program
- Previous experience in a food and beverage, retail, or catering role is an asset; experience working with and maintaining inventory reports a plus
- Experience managing a store, deli, or food and beverage program is an asset
- Foodsafe Level 1 is an asset
- Able to operate basic machinery, such as pallet jacks and handheld dollies
- Able to work well under little supervision, with excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and resourceful
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Organized and detail-oriented, especially when it comes to inventory maintenance
- Calm, kind and discreet
- Fluent in English
- Able to stand for long periods, and participate in physical work and heavy lifting of up to 50 lbs