TED is looking for a Contractor - AutoCad Designer to join the Conference Operations team; this is an opportunity for an independent contractor to support the execution of world-class conference events. You will have substantial working knowledge and experience of the events industry, a flair for project management and strategic thinking, a curiosity for innovation and a passion for excellence.
The Contractor - AutoCad Designer is well-rounded with expertise in AutoCAD and space planning. The duties will primarily involve development and preparation of floor plans, mapping creative and functional solutions through the various design phases and collaborating with the team to deliver on requests and revisions. The candidate will have their own AutoCAD Licence (version 2020 prefered) and Sketchuplicense.
This is a flexible position that requires an average availability of 5-8 hours per week, though this may vary during slower/busier periods. The candidate needs to work PST hours and the position will be remote, if required and once it is safe we can have weekly or bi-weekly check-ins in the office.
**Please include a portfolio with your application.
● Diploma or Degree in interior design, architecture or related field
● 1- 2 years of work experience as a draftsperson, interior designer, event designer, or a similar role
● Hands-on experience with AutoCAD
● Ability to produce 3D renderings
● Knowledge of space planning and BC building codes is an asset
● Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks
● Organize drawings and project documentation for future reference.
● Aptitude for working in deadline-oriented and fast-paced environments
● Ability to take basic instructions and follow through with semi-complex tasks with minimal supervision
● Ability to read architectural, structural, civil and landscape drawings
● Ability to exercise attention to detail
● Prepare floor plans based on instructions provided by project manager
● Ensure compliance with approved design standards and principles.
● Redesign drawings according to markups and specifications.
● Translate and convert hand drawings and sketches into CAD systems.
● Read, evaluate and interpret designs and drawings.
● Document and update all drawings.
● Conduct strict adherence to project timelines and deliverables