Video Encoding Assistant
- New York, NY
- Entry Level
The Encoding team at TED is looking for extra coverage of day-to-day workflows of maintaining our digital asset management systems, video library, and media delivery. This position works to ensure the highest quality of encodes for video and audio of all TED productions, making certain that the consumer will have the best experience watching or listening on any device.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the Encoding team on day-to-day tasks
- Fulfill internal and external media requests
- Quality assurance of encoded media
- Tracking details and metadata for our archive of 30+ years of video
- Data entry into proprietary content management systems
- Maintaining and managing an organized massive storage solution
- Willingness to contribute however possible to ensure the overall effectiveness of the position
- Maintain studio a/v gear
Specific skills should include:
- Expertise in Apple Compressor, Quicktime Player, Final Cut X, Handbrake, FTP clients, and storage applications
- At ease in a Macintosh environment, especially in moving media across local and remote networks
- An understanding of international video standards
- Comfortable with digital asset management applications
Experience with the following is a plus: (Please include details in your cover letter)
- Adobe Media Encoder, Premiere, After Efects, Photoshop
- Google Suite
- Zoom, Skype, and other video conferencing software
The ideal candidate has significant experience working in a post-production environment, a genuine excitement about being around new technologies, interest in intelligent and leading-edge content, and has strong organizational and project management skills. A broad interest in the world -- including science/technology, design/architecture, entertainment, and the arts -- is necessary. Candidates should fnd joy in detail, efficiency, logistics, and quality.
This is a contract position based in TED's downtown New York Office. The role will begin as a 3-month contract position with the high possibility of an extension.