Director, Client Services & Success
TED seeks a Director of Partner Services & Success, leading a team of account and project managers to deliver exceptional, highly successful, fully renewable partner programs. As the revenue driving arm of TED, this team is tasked with developing strong relationships with best-in-class brands, with the goal of growing their partnership through improved experiences and ROI.
The solutions the TED Partnerships team sells span a wide range, and include media products, custom content, event activations, learning solutions and beyond. We are looking for a proven leader in account management, and/or customer/client success to help us deliver on TED’s promise to our partner organizations.
This proven leader will be a key member of the senior leadership team, and will quickly develop a multi-year business strategy, implement and optimize effective processes, improve overall team performance, and achieve critical business goals. An expert guide on account management methodologies, the Director is seen by internal TED teams as an authority on the Partner perspective while continuing to represent what makes TED uniquely TED.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Experienced: 15+ years of experience in brand marketing/advertising as an account or integrated marketing director; experience managing large teams in fast-paced, start-up environments
- Extensive experience developing strategically grounded, brilliant partner programs from white boarding to renewal
- Experience operationalizing account management for multi-solution packages, wherein there may be shared work with other partner/client success teams/stakeholders at TED (ex: collaboration with the TED@Work customer success team)
- Expert knowledge of production across platforms–media, podcasts, branded content, custom events (internal/staff events and external events), and conference activations. All with the goal of renewing and expanding relationships with partners
- Expertise in creating and building processes, and a desire to experiment with new ways of working
- Understanding of brand marketing and how to build relevant brand strategies
- Strategic: Ability to distill complex partner dynamics and cross-functional team challenges into thoughtful, proactive solution; focus and helm an account management team that does not merely produce, but brings strategy and vision to partnerships activations
- Well-spoken (strong, proactive communicator): Communicate partner needs, program goals, and success stories confidently and clearly–to both internal and external stakeholders; this entails strong storytelling and communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence stakeholders internally and externally and drive resolution through solutions-based approaches
- Innovative: Experience thinking big and applying that to the wide scope of opportunities
- Hands-on: Ability and willingness to take on account management work for the most strategic accounts 30% (70% high level management of resources and strategy), as part of the all-hands-on-deck approach at the core of the TED culture & ethos
- Entrepreneurial: Constant reinvention and push toward progress with tenacity, bravery, and the experience of seeing through big, visionary thinking
- Dynamic leadership & management: Ability to be an inspirational and transparent leader with a direct team as well as with cross-functional partners; the ability to lead by example when it comes to building a positive, uplifting, and supporting work environment
- Strong people management and leadership skills in order to hire, develop, and inspire a team
- Oversee production and client success for all programs developed by TED Partnerships, the revenue driving arm of TED — past and present partners
- Strategize and support pitching of multi-channel program concepts and distribution rollout plans
- Partner with clients, agencies, vendors, and internal teams to facilitate end-to-end production of all executions, with an eye on client renewal and expansion.
- Effectively lead high profile content, interactive and experiential programs to ensure all were executed on time, on budget and to the highest standard.
- Manage a large team with diverse skill sets to provide consultative and strategic recommendations on all aspects of content creation and distribution.
- Generate, cultivate and further client relationships through strategic consultation, responsiveness and proven wins.
WORKPLACE CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
- This role is hybrid, with part-time (2-3 days per week) in-office work required at our NYC-based offices
- General: Office environment
- Physical: Repetitive movement of wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Mental/Visual: Concentrated mental and/or visual attention; work involves performing tasks to very close accuracy and quality specifications
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices, Computer Software, etc.: Expert Adobe skills (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Travel: upon request (20-30% as needed for partner activations and team management)