TED Vancouver’s technical workgroup is looking for a collaborative, resourceful and organized contractor to assist with administrative and project-specific deliverables.
The TED technical workgroup primarily deals with the audio, video, lighting, camera, design, crewing and logistical elements of the TED stage, so members of the workgroup benefit from having a strong understanding of live technical production for large-scale events.
Responsibilities for this position will vary from intricate project-based tasks to the more administrative side of production, and a knack for complex problem solving, data organization and clear communication is a must. It is also encouraged that members of the technical work group demonstrate a keen interest in learning how each TED stage operates, as TED is unique in its production and even those with a strong background in broadcast will have a thing or two to learn.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Degree or diploma in a technical field, project management or related discipline (is preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong professionalism that can be personalized to a wide variety of vendors, stakeholders, and staff
- An eye for finding efficiencies in workflows and processes, and the ability to communicate these clearly
- Reasonable knowledge of technical production (large-scale live events is preferred)
- The ability to exercise attention to detail
- Experience working with budgets
- A keenness and aptitude for working in deadline-oriented and fast-paced environments
- Ability to take basic instructions and follow through with semi-complex tasks with minimal supervision
- The ability to communicate within the confines of confidential and possibly sensitive information
- Works well under pressure, is able to meet deadlines and can work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Administration: Data entry and filing, budgeting, booking meetings, emailing and other administrative tasks
- Communications: Prepare, edit and proofread documents, contracts, meeting minutes, correspondence, and presentations for internal and external use while adhering to branding and identity guidelines
- Project support: Plan, coordinate, create, and maintain production schedules. Research, source and order technical equipment, speaker and performer requirements, and stage design elements
- Vendor management: Assist with all aspects of vendor relationships, including the RFP and contracting processes, quality control, order changes, invoicing, and day-to-day communications
- Strict adherence to project timelines and deliverables
- Willingness to contribute however possible to ensure the overall effectiveness of the project
TED Conferences LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume.