Manager, Integrated Marketing (Events)
ABOUT TED PARTNERSHIPS
The TED Partnerships team is a group of strategists, marketers, analysts, creatives, and producers devoted to supporting the non-profit mission of TED through revenue generating partnerships. Our partners include Marriott, Lexus, Google, Facebook, Dove, and many more–and our programs span not only events and conferences, but digital sponsorships, podcasts, and audio, video, and social custom content created through our TED Ideas Studio.
The Manager, Integrated Marketing, Events serves as a primary contact point with a range of partners to produce cross-platform programs across TED’s ecosystem, with a focus on events strategy and production.
The Manager, Integrated Marketing is tasked with developing, marketing, and activating creative ways in which business partners can engage with TED–with a focus on both internal TED events as well as project managing and client managing experiential partner activations.
Key elements of that work will include ideating on new products and programs for partners, interfacing with other departments at TED on potential collaborative projects, building, managing, and maintaining strong partner relationships, and executing successful activations.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
● 5-7+ years of relevant experience
● BA/BS College degree required
● Event production experience required; digital media and/or content experience preferred ● Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, and public speaking required ● Superior project management and organizational skills
● Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, shifting priorities, and tight deadlines ● Strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving skills
● Detail-oriented and highly motivated
● Self-starter, able to work independently and take initiative on projects
● End to end management of partner programming including pitching, planning, production, and post-campaign project management
● Act as a trusted support to the sales team to pitch new opportunities and advise on strategic products that align with partner goals
● Kick off new partnership opportunities with stakeholders, achieve buy-in, and clearly delineate responsibilities before starting work
● Work collaboratively and respectfully across the entire TED organization to incorporate the expertise and resources of other departments
● Act as project manager to produce digital and audio programs, conference activations, and custom events, including:
○ Building a timeline for successful execution
○ Leading production schedule
○ Collaborating with colleagues on relevant parts of project
○ Overseeing event or program through completion
● Expertly manage and maintain Partner relationships throughout the campaign
● Encyclopedic understanding of the full suite of TED offerings is needed
● Serve as brand steward, ensuring all campaign elements are on-brand for TED
● Create strategic program recaps focusing on showing ROI for partner’s investment; work with sales lead on refinement of messaging to facilitate campaign renewals
WORKPLACE CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
● General: Office environment; position is based in TED’s New York City office
● Physical: Repetitive movement of wrists, hands, and/or fingers
● Mental/Visual: Concentrated mental and/or visual attention; work involves performing tasks to very close accuracy and quality specifications
● Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices, Computer Software, etc.
● Ability to use common office equipment such as telephone, computer and copier
● Computer programs to include MS Office, Mac programs, Keynote, Google Docs, functional related databases
● Travel: Frequently