TEDx Community Engagement Coordinator
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Entry Level
The TEDx team is looking for a TEDx Coordinator of Community Engagement to begin immediately. Over the last 12 years, the TEDx program has grown rapidly, enabling more than 22,000 independently organized events in more than 190+ countries. These events range from highly produced gatherings in world capitals to small events in rural communities. The TEDx Coordinator of Community Engagement works with the Director of TEDx Engagement + Communications and their team to support in-person and digital, global activations for the TEDx community, act as the technical director of all virtual events, and provide support and thoughtful communication to TEDx organizers.
Due to in-person meetings and occasional office requirements, proof of full vaccination will be required prior to acceptance of employment.
- This role is currently operating in a remote capacity but will be expected to work 2-3 days per week from our New York City office once our hybrid model is implemented beginning on March 1st.
- Possess strong written and communication skills
- Prior experience with customer service
- Possess graphic design skills including working in Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, etc.
- Must be proficient in Mac OS X and Keynote
- Fluency working with Google Applications including Docs, Gmail, and Maps
- Ability to learn on the job
- Ability to cull great images from our expansive photo library
- Possess a good eye to choose images and layout for digital platforms
- Experience in social media and writing for the web
- Very detail-oriented, organized, and self-sufficient
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Prior experience with Salesforce a plus
- Prior experience working with a digital community a plus
- Multi-lingual preferred but not required
- World travel experience preferred but not required
- Support the TEDx Director of Engagement + Communications and team on deadline-based projects and tasks
- Lead + direct all aspects of virtual events and virtual technical production
- Support production and lead up for all in-person TEDx activations
- Support project management of global, distributed TEDx activations
- Support creation of content for global community of TEDx organizers
- Support internal communications for all initiatives and events within annual editorial calendar
- Oversee event registration process for the TEDx community
- Conduct statistical analysis, identify KPIs, and for TEDx initiatives
- Find new ways to amplify TEDx ideas, insights, and stories
- Maintain team’s internal documentation systems
- Communicate with TEDx organizers through email, customer support portal, and initiative email inboxes
- Other duties and special projects as may be assigned from time to time
- Willingness to contribute however possible to ensure overall effectiveness of position
Note that due to a high volume of applications, only considered candidates will be notified. This is a full-time, salaried position based out of our NYC office. This role is currently operating in a remote capacity but will be expected to work 2-3 days per week from our New York City office once our hybrid model is implemented beginning on March 1st.
TED Conferences LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume. No cover letter is required; only submit a cover letter if contacted by our team.