We're looking for an Audience Development Associate to join our unique team of audience-first thinkers. If you are creative, highly motivated, and have a passion for storytelling and marketing, we want to hear from you!
In this role you will support our mission to make TED, and its content, connect with new and existing audiences around the world. As the Audience Development Associate you will help support a variety of marketing efforts with your strategic feed-stopping copy, organizational skills, and sharp eye for detail. We are looking for someone who brings a new perspective, thrives in a collaborative environment, and shows resilience through challenges.
The Audience Development Associate reports to the Audience Development Manager. Responsibilities:
● Write copy for all marketing posts for TED's various initiatives (TED Audio Collective, TED@Work, The Idea Search, Conferences, etc)
● Leverage audience insights and data to iterate on copy approaches and better reach our target audiences.
● Produce low-lift graphics and creative in support of marketing campaigns
● Support influencer + partner work by acting as the bridge between partner/influencers and the content production process; overseeing communication, deliverables, and managing timelines
● Manage incoming marketing requests by prioritizing, creating timelines for promotion, coordinating asset creation, and connecting with stakeholders
● Maintain and own a marketing calendar to track the various marketing efforts around the org
● Some light coordinator work, including facilitating schedules for team’s cross-org meetings and supporting the ways we tell the story of our work (i.e. ad hoc deck creation)
Skills and experience
● 2-3 years work experience in marketing, PR, audience development, journalism or a related field
● Copywriting: Steller copywriter and storyteller, you thoughtfully craft marketing language to showcase different value propositions and connect with our audience
● Communication: Strong communication and collaboration skills, you're eager to learn from and ideate with others
● Project management: Ability to navigate multiple projects at one time, you keep track of projects with a lot of moving pieces and complete tasks in a timely manner
● Creative Production: Some experience using Canva or the Adobe Suite to create social graphics is necessary as well as experience making stories in-app on various social platforms
● Inclusivity: Eagerness to understand the cultures, values, goals, and constraints of others, whether they are TED staff, partners, audience members, or beyond