TED is looking for a Contractor - Security Administration to join the Conference Operations team; this is an opportunity for an independent contractor to support the execution of world-class conference events.
You will have substantial working knowledge and experience of the events industry, a flair for project management and strategic thinking, a curiosity for innovation, and a passion for excellence.
The Contractor - Security Administration will support the TED team in the development of security plans, schedules, and planning documents. This role requires the incumbent to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders, TED representatives, and vendors to ensure the health, safety, and security of attendees, staff, and stakeholders onsite.
● Degree or diploma in security serves, administration or a combination of experience
● 3+ years of direct experience - coordinating schedules, creating briefing and planning documents, cross functional coordination with multiple departments and stakeholders, and experience working with security providers and local law enforcement
● Extensive knowledge of security and protect services and policies, asset protection and access control
● Demonstrated experience providing security services for large scale events and high profile guests Effective interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication, comfortable with conducting daily briefing meetings
● Strong analytical, strategic planning, and creative problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented approach
● Works well under pressure, able to meet competing deadlines and work on multiples projects
simultaneously, under minimal supervision
● Superior organizational skills, motivated and enthusiastic work style
● Must be proficient in: MS office, Google Docs, and Airtable.
● Conduct RFPs as required and present findings to TED leads
● Source vendors when necessary, work with preferred vendors as outlined by TED
● Assist with components of contracting approved vendors
● Consolidate security schedules for necessary conference needs
● Liaise with venues in maintaining purchase orders and coordinating across multiple stakeholders to ensure accuracy and completion
● Ensure all security personnel are booked and coordinated
● Create briefing and planning documents and onsite security protocols, in addition to risk
communication, migitagation and assessment plans.
● Manage list for early access to venue and conference spaces, manage protocols for entry into
conference areas based on accreditation
● Work with local law enforcement, venue security representatives, and selected security provider to develop onsite safety protocols, identifying any potential risk and security issues
● Organize any additional security requirements for high profile guests
● Collaborate with health and safety administrator to ensure adherence of biosafety and Covid-19 guidelines and protocols