Staffing Administration Support
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
TED is looking for a contract Staffing Administrator to join the Conference Operations team. You’ll support the Staffing lead with all administrative tasks related to the onsite conference staff recruitment process, and be responsible for data entry, schedule management and updates in accordance with event milestone schedules.
You’ll work closely with the Staffing coordinator in the planning and pre-production phase of the conference to organize outreach, research potential vendors and community partners, and use TED’s recruitment software to post roles, track applications and screen candidates. You’ll also manage internal databases, execute contracts, collect banking and tax information, and be responsible for budget tracking, reporting and reconciliation.
You’ll further support by scheduling meetings and keeping detailed minutes, answering emails, filing, and assisting with any other tasks or special projects as assigned.
- Degree, diploma or education in administration, or 1-2 years of a combination of related experience
- Strong computer literacy required, including experience using spreadsheet applications in Microsoft Office suite, G suite and Airtable
- Prior experience using HR recruiting software is an asset
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and data management
- Able to meet competing deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously, under minimal supervision
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, and creative problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented approach
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly, enthusiastic, a people person who goes over and above
- Prior hospitality or customer service background an asset
- Prior live event production experience an asset
- Support the Staffing coordinator with the freelancer recruitment process, including outreach, managing role postings, screening candidates, contracting, invoicing and budget reconciliation.
- Data entry with a high degree of accuracy using multiple platforms and bespoke software
- Coordinate with vendors and the Staffing lead to ensure TED’s staffing requirements are met and within budget.
- Organization and delivery of schedules and assets to staffing vendors and freelancers. Collecting, consolidating and submitting staffing schedules and needs to staffing vendors. Tracking and implementing changes.
- Updating outreach templates, pre-conference communications templates, onsite resource documents, and briefing materials.
- Collecting and organizing internal assets to create briefing presentations.
- Consolidation and maintenance of planning and tracking documents, databases, grids and presentations.
- Coordinate contracting, invoicing, and payment processing
- Track, maintain, report and reconcile staffing budgets