The Event Producer (Experiences) is a dynamic, experienced and self-motivated individual with the primary mission of fulfilling the full cycle of event management principles and processes in support of TED conference events. You will have substantial working knowledge and experience of the events industry, a curiosity for innovation and a passion for excellence.
The Event Producer (Experiences) takes in key responsibilities for the delivery of a broad program of world-class conference events, while maintaining the brand integrity of TED. You can expect to work on everything from data entry, researching trending activities and offsite experiences, to working closely with key internal stakeholders to realise their workshops, lunches and dinners. You will have a proven track record with an ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with a large number of internal stakeholders, as well as an ability to work with and inspire individuals from diverse backgrounds. In addition, you are results-oriented, a team player with an aptitude to learn, a willingness to contribute, and the driver for successful results with a passion for making a difference in the workplace and beyond.
Degree or diploma in event management, hospitality, project management or similar discipline or combination with relevant experience
- 3+ years of direct event experience with a demonstrated increase in responsibility
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience of technical event production for large-scale events, with excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, strategic planning and creative problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented approach.
- Works well under pressure, able to meet competing deadlines and work on multiples projects simultaneously, under minimal supervision.
- The ability to exercise attention to detail.
- A keenness and aptitude for working in deadline-oriented and fast-paced environments.
- Must be proficient in: MS office, Google Docs, and Airtable.
- Support the Experience Production Manager in the design, planning and onsite execution of custom experiences in the range of 10-100people in the following areas: Partnership lunches and dinners; offsite activities, onsite workshops; TED Initiative team events.
- Source and place orders for all related front and back of house needs (working with internal and external stakeholders in coordinating their event activation needs) including but not limited to: Decor, equipment rentals, Audio-visual, F+B, furniture, signage, etc.
- Regular and consistent data entry, maintain bespoke online management systems such as Asana and Airtable; provide presentations and documents as required.
- Creation of all event orders including but not limited to: room setup and floorplans, transportation, AV, decor, food and beverage, event services (electrical, IT, etc), staffing and signage, etc.
- Liaise all aspects of vendor and venue relationships, including research, RFP and contracting processes, quality control, change orders, invoicing, updating TED databases and day-to-day communications.
- Maintain regular and succinct communication, scheduling meetings with project stakeholders and team members.
- Use project management software to administer, assign, track and report on all administrative and project tasks to ensure all events are delivered efficiently, on schedule and to a high standard.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, reporting, and reconciliation of conference budgets
- Determine resources and staffing levels needed to execute events and work with staffing lead on procuring staff; help to train and lead onsite support staff.
- Willingness to contribute to ensure the overall effectiveness of the team.
This position requires a somewhat flexible schedule (with the ability to work longer hours, evenings + weekends in the pre-conference phase and onsite execution) and includes the potential for international travel